Steel City Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steel City Rock

Live Rock? Talk Rock!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why Does Everyone Hate....

Go down 
+9
harriet-alice
Mr_Steve
C.Cat
Pais
eyupjudd
For Your Pleasure!! XXX
kimmi_sixx
Jake
Towey
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Towey

Why Does Everyone Hate.... Empty
PostSubject: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:08 am

Pop Punk....really i dont get EVERYONES anti-pop punk'ness

Blink were great back in't day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:47 am

Bad topic for a glam forum don't you think? haha

I don't hate em, I just don't love em
Back to top Go down
Towey

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:48 am

Hmmm, it might be a Glam Forum...but i can still mention pop punk Very Happy

Dont Delete This Liam PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE
Back to top Go down
kimmi_sixx

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 4:37 am

i like pop punk.
i don't think you should be able to call yourself a music fan if you only limit yourself to one specific genre.
if you like a song, you like a song, regardless of it's genre...
music's there to make you feel, or to inspire, etc
so who cares of the genre as long as you like it =D
x
Back to top Go down
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:31 am

I agree but everyone slaps a label on things these days.

Pop punk is one of those things. I like it it but i don't love it.

Gotta dig that catchy shit sometimes, but it's just boring at times. That's what I love about me, my ability to love everything Cool OH apart from opera.

We are classing pop punk as like Sum 41, Blink 182, Green day, right? And not like emo pop like Fall Out Boy?
Back to top Go down
Towey

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:47 am

Nar im talking Blink-182, Sum 41, Green Day 72 as it says in the Sum 41 song Very Happy

Yeah i like loads of different genres, ive been listening to Damien Rice all night....strange boy arnt i Smile
Back to top Go down
Towey

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:51 am

And before anyone says ive only been listening to Cannonball i have listened to that song but i have the Damien Rice O album Very Happy hmmm Maroon 5 are in my head now, must listen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
For Your Pleasure!! XXX

For Your Pleasure!! XXX

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:11 am

any pop music is usually made to sound as main stream as possible //

punk is supposed to be underground ..

the genres kinda confusin ..
Back to top Go down
eyupjudd

eyupjudd

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 2:34 pm

Towey wrote:
And before anyone says ive only been listening to Cannonball i have listened to that song but i have the Damien Rice O album Very Happy hmmm Maroon 5 are in my head now, must listen Very Happy

Maroon 5 are pretty damn good though Razz
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/eyupjudd
Towey

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:39 pm

Not all punks underground anymore, the sex pistols were huge but they were never considered mainstream...but i think theres only me that things the sex pistols were a corporate band made by a record label to seem all 'yeah fuck the world' but really they just wanted to make loads of money.
Back to top Go down
Pais
Admin
Pais

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:08 pm

ok ive tired to post this 4 times now but now im home my actually good pc will let me post rather than crappy laptop

reasons everyone hates pop punk:
1) the riffs are all "recycled" and have happened a million times before
2) the singers sing in a style that poeple are taught to strengthen their voices ie a singing exercise by signing really nasally.
3) its my belief that people only like it cos its on tv so much and rather than actually being alternative they flick onto kerrang and just dont bother looking up bands they will actually like. its like being brainwashed basically.

also about "underground punk" and shit like that, a lot of people who like "underground punk" nowadays like black flag, choking victim, black president and rudimentary peni all hate sex pistols cos theyre kind of just like a boy band. i dont really like sex pistols but if you ask me theyre more in the vein of like johnny thunders / ramones cbgb style punk.
Back to top Go down
http://steelcityglam.heavenforum.com
For Your Pleasure!! XXX

For Your Pleasure!! XXX

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 12:44 pm

i still think sid vicious is a legend ..

but dint fuckin jonny rotten go on some television show .. the muppet ..
Back to top Go down
Towey

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 3:40 pm

Sid Vicious was a complete idiot since when was a suicide pact cool?
Back to top Go down
Pais
Admin
Pais

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:50 pm

what you on about towey you fewl
Back to top Go down
C.Cat

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 5:01 pm

Pop punk gets on my nerves. I'd rather listen to Vivaldi!
Back to top Go down
Towey

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:49 pm

Sid Vicious had that gay suicide pack with that nancy person didnt he?

and hows that cool?
Back to top Go down
Pais
Admin
Pais

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:52 pm

nah he killed her
Back to top Go down
Towey

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:53 pm

didnt they both kill each other :S haha im lost, and wrong very very wrong
Back to top Go down
Pais
Admin
Pais

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:00 pm

no he died when he was on bail for her murder i do blieve not that i care about sex pistols so im in hte not know
Back to top Go down
For Your Pleasure!! XXX

For Your Pleasure!! XXX

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:52 pm

cos they inspired kurt ..

and that bitch courtney ..

theres nothin kewler than the people who inspired nirvana ..

plus its not like hes the only punk or rockstar or whatever to die young ..

you cant judge any musician for that ..
Back to top Go down
Pais
Admin
Pais

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 11:19 pm

well sid vicous as a musicians was worthless! he didnt play on most of the recordings and he was unplugged when they played live!

i wonder if hes part of the 23 club. a load of musicans die at 23, or something like that
Back to top Go down
eyupjudd

eyupjudd

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 2:15 am

urgh vivaldi, we had to study that in music tech this year =s

Rich t lol xD
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/eyupjudd
Towey

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 2:18 am

Rich T has the Funniest FACE ever....and he wears make-up haha
Back to top Go down
For Your Pleasure!! XXX

For Your Pleasure!! XXX

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 5:48 am

u mean the 27 club ..

kurt cobain, jimi hendrix, jim morrison, robert johnson.

think vicious died at 21 or summat stupid ..
Back to top Go down
Pais
Admin
Pais

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 12:25 pm

yo towey, just a note, if you slag off teachers in forums sometimes they find out cos adults google eachother names (its true!)

this person once posted something insulting about a lecturer on my myspace and they found out and got in trouble for it!

doesnt matter if youve left college tho. or collage as, ironically, a lot of peoples myspaces say
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Does Everyone Hate....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steel City Rock :: Rock'n'Roll :: Music Talk-
Jump to: