Steel City Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steel City Rock

Live Rock? Talk Rock!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why Does Everyone Hate....

Go down 
+9
harriet-alice
Mr_Steve
C.Cat
Pais
eyupjudd
For Your Pleasure!! XXX
kimmi_sixx
Jake
Towey
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mr_Steve

Mr_Steve

Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 2:18 pm

to get back on topic i do like pop-punk regardless

not all music needs to be technically spectacular if a 4 chords chorus can get stuck in your head for days and let u sing along to, let's the band have fun playing and the audience have fun to and even sometimes grove to i think that is far better then some ear bleeding shred solo that looks cool but deafens

but saying that i love a good old solo
Back to top Go down
Pais
Admin
Pais

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 2:25 pm

i agree with steve in the fact that stuff doesnt have to be complicated to be good, imo it should be catchiness that fines a song, only problem is that they all actually use the same 3 chord sequences and its boring
Back to top Go down
http://steelcityglam.heavenforum.com
eyupjudd

eyupjudd

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 2:39 pm

take any punk band for example, or most of em

qutoing liam
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/eyupjudd
Pais
Admin
Pais

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 2:39 pm

dont get what youre saying chief?
Back to top Go down
eyupjudd

eyupjudd

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 2:42 pm

the three chord thingy [are we on about punk bands lol :S]
Back to top Go down
Towey

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 3:40 pm

Haha Rich T will never find out though cos his real name is Mark...and im putting T not his full second name, im all paranoid incase he comes to eat me :/
Back to top Go down
Mr_Steve

Mr_Steve

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 9:41 pm

yeah a band that abuses the same 3 chorus do deserve to have there fingers removed.
but if they have for example an awesome drummer to redeem the band or a funky bassist to add that original edge or a melodic vocalist then they should be forgiven.
Back to top Go down
eyupjudd

eyupjudd

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 1:46 am

yeah thats about right, so long as theres something different about it that is interesting enough to grab you then i think it passes =]
Back to top Go down
harriet-alice

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 7:41 pm

people hate pop-punk because it seems okay but gets annoying very quickly, all songs get annoying when overplayed but pop-punk just seems to be overplayed after fewer plays. But everyone has to agree 'scene' or whatever it's called is worse, like Fall Out Boy and Panic At The Disco and HelloGoodbye...yeugh.

'Pain for Pleasure is the alter-ego band of Sum 41. As Pain for Pleasure, they play classic heavy metal music. Sum 41 still performs songs by "Pain for Pleasure" live, although without their Heavy metal fashion.

First of all the guitar work, there's some metal influence in the music, but not as much as on their next album. Except the entire 'Pain For Pleasure' song of course, which is an ode to Glam metal and a song appreciated by many that were weary of sum 41's other work. '
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/love_me_break_me_leave_me
Marc

Marc

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 3:11 am

i generally dont like pop punk cos it usually just bores the fuck outta me
its mainly idiot music
i dont really see the link between punk and pop punk music apart from how simple it is
its the musical equivalent of plastic
Back to top Go down
For Your Pleasure!! XXX

For Your Pleasure!! XXX

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 1:52 pm

pop punks a dirty stain on the industry ..

haha thats harsh ..

but I agree, the only link is that pop punk fans like to pose like punks.
Back to top Go down
Earny

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 4:56 pm

Towey the reasons were slapped into your face by me and Puppies at college everytime I saw you, don't try to look for anyone to side with you! tongue
Back to top Go down
Douglass

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 5:12 pm

Pop Punk was great...When I was 12.
Back to top Go down
Pais
Admin
Pais

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 5:16 pm

once saw a comic that had a Punk Rock Restaurant and one thing they served was Blink 182 Cake (or something) and explained its good for under 14s but make anyone older sick
Back to top Go down
shlee

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 12:26 am

kk i really dont like pop punk in terms of green day and blink however ive gotta say i like sum of thier songs but like pais says earlier its made to sound mainstream and i really dont like the powerchords and nazeley vocals it has however i wouldnt consider sum 41 to be anything like that at all its more punky so i kinda like em. Can i say this whole mainstreamness is also the reason i dislike a lot of glam music like GnR, Bon Jovi and all of the more pop like glam stuff. to me it sounds a lot diffrent and worse than stuff like motley crew and skid row who are awesome
Back to top Go down
shlee

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 12:48 am

kimmi_sixx wrote:
i like pop punk.
i don't think you should be able to call yourself a music fan if you only limit yourself to one specific genre.
if you like a song, you like a song, regardless of it's genre...
music's there to make you feel, or to inspire, etc
so who cares of the genre as long as you like it =D
x
I dunno it kinda annoys me when people listen to all difffrent stuff as a fan of alternative music i kinda consider that your not as much of a fan if you dilute your listeniing heavily with mainstream music whats made for your evreyday jack and jill genrally isnt what i wanna hear i want something that has power to know that the person performing it really means the message in the song and beleives in it therfore inspiring the listener where as pop music genrally has no meaning and no beleif on behalf of the artist. so i must say im not a fan of music (how can you be a fan of music in genrall thats like a fan of noise) i am a fan of rock music and i may occasionally find a mainstream song i like cos it touches me in sum way bt for the most part it sucks :-p
Back to top Go down
harriet-alice

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:26 pm

Quote :
I dunno it kinda annoys me when people listen to all difffrent stuff as a fan of alternative music i kinda consider that your not as much of a fan if you dilute your listeniing heavily with mainstream music whats made for your evreyday jack and jill genrally isnt what i wanna hear i want something that has power to know that the person performing it really means the message in the song and beleives in it therfore inspiring the listener where as pop music genrally has no meaning and no beleif on behalf of the artist. so i must say im not a fan of music (how can you be a fan of music in genrall thats like a fan of noise) i am a fan of rock music and i may occasionally find a mainstream song i like cos it touches me in sum way bt for the most part it sucks :-p

I agree Smile everything I listen to links back to rock somehow...it's the only way
I guess every genre is merged though
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/love_me_break_me_leave_me
kimmi_sixx

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:44 pm

shlee wrote:
kimmi_sixx wrote:
i like pop punk.
i don't think you should be able to call yourself a music fan if you only limit yourself to one specific genre.
if you like a song, you like a song, regardless of it's genre...
music's there to make you feel, or to inspire, etc
so who cares of the genre as long as you like it =D
x

no, i think if all you can appreciate is just one genre, then you are probably very close-minded in terms of music.
just because it's not technical to play, or write, does not mean it's not good.
music i there to create different feelings, aspirations, emotions, inspirations, etc to any person that hears it. for example, i can quite easily listen to elvis, then sabbath, then motley, maybe lostptophets, etc. i don't think you should just classify music on the writers ability, because not everyone views it, or listens to it for that reason. pop punk can have a meaning, or it can be there generally just to make you laugh or whatever, and if a person wants to be a fan of it, then that's their prerogative, and none of us have the right to judge that. i.e, i hate dance music with a passion, but a close friend of mine is a professional DJ, and i appreciate and respect his opinion on music, even though i am not a fan of it, because his music means something to him, and he's passionate about it, and to me that's all that matters.
Back to top Go down
Pais
Admin
Pais

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 10:30 pm

ye, too of my fave genres are electronica and blues. theyre complete opposite, nobody has to limit themselves to one genre, that makes music snobs. mostly emos and indies
Back to top Go down
kimmi_sixx

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 6:07 pm

Pais wrote:
ye, too of my fave genres are electronica and blues. theyre complete opposite, nobo
dy has to limit themselves to one genre, that makes music snobs. mostly emos and indies

tbh, real emo music has not existed since the early 90's when you had sunny day real estate, the get up kids, and at a push jimmy eat world, the tur maning of emotional music was post melodic hardcore. bands like fallout boy, mcr, panic, etc are not exactly brilliant, but nor are they emo. and this current "indie" scene, isn't exactly real indie..... i used to be a large part of the whole NME scene about 3 or 4 years back before topshop and kate moss ruined the whole indie scene.....
xxx
Back to top Go down
For Your Pleasure!! XXX

For Your Pleasure!! XXX

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 3:27 pm

theres nothing wrong with mainstream music .. because through the ages bands who have gone mainstream have been .. excellent ..

the beatles ,, led zep ,, guns n roses ,, nirvana

but when a band goes mainstream who arent that good .. thats when listening to mainstream music sucks .. because we all know there are so many bands so much better than them out there .. ie. pop-punk

id rather be listening to sugarcubed than blink 182

http://www.myspace.com/sugarcubed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Everyone Hate....   Why Does Everyone Hate.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Does Everyone Hate....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steel City Rock :: Rock'n'Roll :: Music Talk-
Jump to: